Monday, 17 September 2012

Quitches Be Crazy - 1


Quitches Be Crazy

Quitches Be Crazy 

If you're thinking 'What are you on about?' 'Are you making up words now?' or 'Can I play?' click on: What's a Quitch? for my introduction. 

Rats as Big as Cats and me we're not like the other Quitches.

On with a gentle start to our first Quitches Be Crazy questions then:

Q1) Photo What item that you could hold with one hand is your most precious?    


Without my specs I couldn't function. Forget sewing, reading or greeting friends in the street you'd all just be a fuzzy blur to me. 

When choosing my first pair of glasses I said to the Optician I wanted frames 'just like my daddy's' - obviously a bad idea. Carlos the Jackal style aviators hardly go with a gingham dress and plaits! I crunched many pairs under foot and floordrobe etc.. too. I ended up on very good terms with the Design Technology teacher at school who'd keep on fixing them in new and interesting ways. Now I have these sturdy Dior ones and I love them. 

Luckily they make me look both cooler and cleverer too.  Presumably that's what the whole 'Can I try your glasses on?' bit is all about. But I could do without the 'OOh you're really blind aren't you?' that follows. Ha, had me pegged as a hipster? Nah - I need these. 

--

Q2) Audio - What's the best album/ playlist to craft to? (Name the craft, name & link to the music).

A Contrary Mary I change my mind a lot on this but on this day in history... 

Embroidery and hand quilting - Upbeat poppiness with a sad edge ideally like: Tellison, Trophy WifeLittle Comets that sort of thing.

For knittingLazerhawk allows me to think my own thoughts, tap my feet and bob my head. 

Machine sewing - I do love a proper album to sing along (shamefully badly) to - give me some 
Twin Atlantic - Free, 
Idlewild (any album up to 2007), 
Faith no more - This is it: the best of (it reminds me of the come-back gig at Brixton which was AMAZING), 
Throwing Muses - University, 
or maybe a bit of PJ Harvey.  

If I'm offering one of my playlists then it'll be splendid  

John Martyn and Suede are my great loves so they go with everything! 

--

Q3) Text - What's your favourite motto(s) or quotes to keep you buoyed and/ or making?


“When it's difficult like this, the taste (of winning) is better.”
-      Valentino Rossi

"My life will only be what I make it. If I accept defeat, I deserve defeat"
Azealia Banks

--

Q4) Regular Q What's your current Work in Progress?

HA ha! Most everything I've ever started quilt-wise, plus a scarf, some jewellery that got too fiddly for the evening light... a card... but getting the most attention is the fabric from the ugly swap at the Fat Quarterly Retreat that I'm embroidering in several colours to see how that changes it... 


-- 

Phew! So the nearlybutnotquite end of Quitches be Crazy week 1 is done! My first go at such a thing. Next week may be entirely different! 

nbnq x



1 comment:

  1. oh no, distracting tunes with specific crafts. Do you think the mr will accept this an excuse for having not done any homework today? I mean it would be rude to not try the tunes with the right craft....wouldn't it.

    Yey for Quitching!

    ReplyDelete